My family had so much fun with the popsicle stick scarecrow that I decided to post another popsicle stick craft for kids here on the blog. If you’re looking for ways to get into the holiday vibe, then you and your kids will love this popsicle stick Thanksgiving turkey craft.
- Orange, yellow, and red construction paper or felt
- Light brown paint
- Regular size popsicle sticks or craft sticks
- Small popsicle sticks
- Craft eyes
- Gold and maroon glitter glue
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Evenly line up 7 regular size popsicle sticks
- Using the hot glue gun, run a line of hot glue the entire length of a small popsicle stick and press it horizontally onto one end of the 7 sticks
- Repeat this on the other end
- Flip over the popsicle sticks and paint the entire surface with a solid coat of light brown paint
- Let the paint dry
- Use hot-glue to attach the eyes near the top of the surface
- Using the orange felt, cut a triangle shape to use as a beak (this is a great time to talk with your kid about shapes and colors)
- Apply the beak with hot glue just below the eyes
- Use the red construction paper to cut out a “wobbler” and apply it with hot glue to one side of the beak
- Cut feather shapes from the orange, yellow, and red construction paper and/or felt and attach them with hot glue along the backside of the turkey. This is a great time to encourage creativity and talk about layering and spacing out the feathers.
- If desired, decorate the feathers with colored glitter glue.
- Your turkey is now complete.
After you finish creating your popsicle stick turkey craft, you can use them as table decor for Thanksgiving to liven up your dinner table!